Tonight (Wednesday Night) is the 1st Night of the Holy Month of Sha’ban Al-Mu’azzam according to the Calendar of Grandshaykh and Mawlana Shaykh Nazim and the Islamic World including Turkey, Syria, Saudi Arabia and all the Arab countries.
Here are all the Adabs and Awrads associated with this holy month extracted from Mawlana Shaykh Adnan’s Book “Futuhat Al-Haqqaniyah”
The Virtues of Sha’ban Al’-Mu’azzam – The Month of Sayyidina Muhammad
Narrated From Sayyiditina Aisha Umm’ul Mumineen RA, “ The most beloved month to the Prophet (s) is Sha’ban.
The Prophet (s) said, “Sha’ban will guard you from Hellfire. Who wants to meet me should fast three days from Sha’ban.”
The Prophet (s) said, “ Sha’ban is my month and Ramadan is my nation’s month. Sha’ban is the expiator and Ramadan is the Purifier.”
The Prophet (s) said, “ Who fasts the first Thursday of Sha’ban and the last Thursday of Sha’ban, Allah will entrusted him to enter Paradise.”
Sayyidina Anas RA asked the Prophet (s), “ What is the best fasts after Ramadan?” The Prophet (s) replied, “Sha’ban.”
Sha’ban is a great month and there is a holy night called Laylat’ul Bara’ah which is on the 15th Night of Sha’ban. Sayyidina Abu Hurayra RA narrated from The Prophet (s) said. “ The ArchAngel Jibreel (AS) came to me on the 15th night of Sha’ban and said.” “ Yaa Muhammad, raise your head to the Heavens.” “I said what is this night?” JIbreel replied. “In this night Allah opens three hundred doors of Mercies, forgives all people except the ones who associate partners with Allah, sorcerers or fortune-tellers or those who insist on committing adultery or addicted to drinking wine.
The Prophet (s) said, “Allah looks at His Creation on the 15th night of Sha’ban and forgives all creation except the polytheist and the hassler.
On the 15th day of Sha’ban, The Jinn, birds, beasts and the whales of the Oceans fast on this day.
The Fuqaha have said that Allah Almighty has revealed Laylat’ul Bara’ah to be the night of Judgement and Command where its decided in it the lifespan of a person for the following year and raising of deeds of a person.
Allah Almighty has put a lot of Goodness specifically on four nights of the Year:
- Laylat’ul Bara’ah – 15th Night of Sha’ban
- Layat’ul Eid Al-Fitr – 1st Shawwal
- Laylat’ul Eid Al-Adha – 10th Dhu’l Hijjah
- Laylat’ul Arafah – 9th Dhu’l Hijjah
Allah Almighty has hidden Layalt’ul Qadr (Night of Power) as a cause of mercy and as a salvation from the Fire and hidden the night so they won’t speak
In a Sahih Hadith from Sayyiditina Aisha RA said the Prophet (s) fasts the whole month of Sha’ban.
Daily Adab of The Month of Sha’ban Al’-Mu’azzam
- When the Moon of Sha’ban has arrived, the mureed must welcome the first night by Ghusl in honour of welcoming this esteemed month of Sha’ban Al’-Mu’azzam then praying 2 Ra’kats Sunnat’ul Ghusl/Wudu.
- Then the mureed will stand facing Qiblah and complete 100 Salawat Shareefa and gift them to Sayyidina Rasulullah (s)
- Read Adab of Tariqah and continue this Adab everyday until the Month ends.
- Always preserve the Awrad and Adab within the 3 holy times in 24 hours
- The last third of the night til Sunrise
- Between Asr and Maghrib
- Between Maghrib and Isha
- Using the intention of “Nawaytul Arba’een, Nawaytul ‘itikaf, Nawaytul Khalwah, Nawaytul ‘Uzlah, Nawaytur Riyada, Nawaytus Sulook, Lillahi Ta`ala l ‘Azhim fee hadhal masjid (or fee hadhal jami)”
- Read Surah Anam Daily
- 1 juz of Dalail al-Khayrat daily
- 1000 Salawat Shareefa and Gift it to Sayyidina Rasulullah (S) – This is separate from the Daily Awrad
- 100 Salawat Shareefa standing facing Qiblah and Gift it to Sayyidina Rasulullah (S)
- Complete the Daily Awrad
- Fasting on Mondays and Thursdays and 13th, 14th and 15th
Spiritual Practices on Blessed night of 15th Sha’ban Nifs’ul Sha’ban/Laylatul Bara’ah. This is a special night in which our physical and spiritual provisions in the year to come will be set. In order to observe the Night of Bara’ah, one should remain awake on this night as much as possible. If someone has the opportunity, he or she should spend the whole night in worship and prayer.
Adab of Laylat’ul Nisf Sha’ban – Night of 15th Sha’ban
- Before Maghrib by 1 hour to perform Ghusl on the intention of Grandshaykh and Mawlana to welcome this holy night and pray 2 Ra’kats Tahhiyatul Ghusl.
- Read Adab of Tariqah: to enter this night with all the heavenly Tajallis
- Pray Maghrib with all the Awrad, i.e. Awwabeen, Surah Sajdah.
- After Maghrib, recite 3 Surah Yaseen’s with the following intentions.
- With the Intention for a long life in Islam and Iman and filled with good deeds done sincerely for Allah.
- With the Intention for protection from troubles, misfortune, problems and disasters and Behalf of the Ummat’ul Muhammadiyah
- With the Intention for Rizq/sustenance, ask Allah to make it easy for you, and that you are dependent on Him, and not on creation, for your rizq.
- Recite Nisf’ul Sha’ban dua after each recitation of Surah Yaseen
Allahumma ya dhal manni la yamannu ‘alayhi ahad, ya Dhal Jalali wal Ikram, ya dhat Tawli wal In’am. La ilaha illa Anta. Zaharal laji’een, wa Jarul mustajireen, wa amanul kha’ifeen.
Allahumma in kunta katabtani ‘indaka fi Ummul Kitabi shaqiyan aw mahruman, aw matrudan, aw muqataran `alayya minar rizqi famhul lahumma bi fadlika shaqawati wa hurmani wa turdi wa iqtara rizqi wa thabitni ‘indaka fi Ummil Kitabi sa’eedan, wa marzuqan lil khayrati
fa innaka qulta wa qawlukul Haqq fī kitabikal munzal ‘ala lisani nabiyikal mursal: “YamHullahu ma yashaa, wa yuthbitu wa ‘indahu Ummul Kitab.” (Surat Ar Ra’d 13:39)
Ilahi bit tajalli al Azami fi Lalyat’in Nisfi min Shahri Sha’banil mu’azzamil mukarramil lati “Fiha yufraqu kullu amrin Hakim” (Surat Ad Dukhan 44:4) wa yubram, an takshifa ‘anna minal bala’i ma na’lamu wa ma la na’lamu wa ma Anta bihi a’alamu innaka Antal A’azzul Akram. Wa sallAllahu ‘ala Sayyidina Muhammadin wa ‘ala alihi wa sahbihi wa sallam.
O Allah, Tireless Owner of Bounty. O Owner of Sublimity, Honor, Power, and Blessings. There is no God except You, the Support of the refugees and Neighbor of those who seek nearness, and Guardian of the fearful.
O Allah, if you have written in Your Book that I be abject, deprived, banished, and tight-fisted, then erase O Allah, through Your bounty, my misery, deprivation, banishment, and stinginess. And establish me with You as happy, provided with blessings, for surely You have said—and Your Word is True—in Your Revealed Book on the tongue of Your Messenger, “Allah eliminates or confirms what He wills, and with Him is the Mother of the Book.” (Holy Quran, The Thunder 13:39)
My God, by the Great Manifestation of the Night of the middle of the Noble Month of Sha’ban “in which every affair of wisdom is made distinct and authorized,“ (Holy Quran 44:4) remove from us calamities—those we know and those we do not know, and You know best—for surely You are the Most Mighty, the Most Generous. May Allah bless Muhammad (saws), and his Family, and his Companions.
- Then One makes Du’a with Grandshaykh’s Ad Dua Ul ‘Azam’ul Mathur if it is easy, after each recitation or is not, one time after the three recitations.
- Khatm’ul Khawajghan
- Pray Salat’ul Ishaa with all the Awrad. i.e Surah Mulk
- 4 Rakats of Salat ‘ul Tasabeeh
- 2 Rakats of Salatu Shukr with Qunut invocation
Grandshaykh and Mawlana always prayed these 100 rakats on 15th Sha’ban and 27th Ramadan for the honour of this night. If one is unable to pray the full 100 Rakats may do as many as they can and intend on the intention of Grandshaykh Abdullah al-Faiz Dagestani and Mawlana Shaykh Nazim al Haqqani in honour of celebrating the Mawlid of Prophet (s). Insha’Allah by this intention, whatever the shaykhs have intended and done will be written for you and Angels will complete on your behalf. The Key is the sincere intention from the heart.
- Pray Salat’ul Tahajjud : consists of 100 Rak’ats
In the first raka’at, read 1 Surah Al-Fatihah , 2 Surah Al-Ikhlas Shareefa
In the second raka’at, read 1 Surah Al-Fatihah ,1 Surah Al-Ikhlas Shareefa
In this way, you complete the 100 raka’ats, and 150 Surah Al Ikhlas.You may prayer 50 sets of 2 raka’at prayers, or 25 sets of 4 raka’at prayers, though the first option is better. You may prepare a matchbox with 50 matches, and after each 2 raka’at prayer, he would remove one matchstick. When the box is empty, you would have completed the 100 raka’at prayer.
- Have Suhoor and intend to fast 15th day of Sha’ban on the intention of Grandshaykh and Mawlana celebrating Mawlid of RasoolAllah (s).
- Rest until 1 hour before Fajr to Pray Salaat’ul Najaat and make Sajdah after Taslim. In this Sajdah, Allah Almighty will accept any dua made during this sajdah and your soul will be presented to Prophet (s) and all Awliyaa who will dress you in their heavenly blessings.
- Pray Fajr with all the Awrad i.e. Dhikr, Surah Yaseen, Asma al-Husna
- Pray Ishraq and rest til Duha and pray 8 ra’kahs Duha
- If one is able to. Make a sacrifice to Allah as a ransom for yourself and your family and distribute it to the Poor and Needy.
For the remainder of the day to complete the following
- 1000 La ilaha illah Ending with Muhammadan Rasulullah after every 100
- 1000 Surah Ikhlas
- 1000 Salawat
- 1000 Astaghfirullah al Azeem wa atubu ilayh
- 1000 HasbunAllah wa’nimal Wakeel
- Finish off your Daily Awrad and complete with Ihda