Mawlana Shaykh Adnan At-Taher (Q) will be celebrating Laylatul Qadr on 27th Ramadan this year 1438AH. He has advised all to attend the Taraweeh prayers in their locality and to pray 4 Rakats Salat’ul Tasbih and 2 Rakats Salat’ul Shukr before or after the Witr. The one who does this will be as if they have given the rights and respect for Laylatul Qadr.
They will dressed by the Divinely lights of the Greatest name of Allah Almighty descending this year for all of Ummah of RasoolAllah Sallahu alayhi wa Sallam.
They will also be dressed by Salaam from Allah Almighty through Sayyidina Jibreel and the 5000 Malaikah carrying the Tajjali of this year’s Laylatul Qadr.
The following Adab is what GrandShaykh Abdullah Al Fai’z Ad-Dagestani (Q) and Mawlana Shaykh Nazim (Q) practised for every Laylatul Qadr on behalf of all of the Ummah of RasoolAllah Sallahu alayhi wa Sallam.
The secret is to intend whatever Grandshaykh (Q) and Mawlana (Q) intended for this night, I am intending on their intention. As Grandshaykh (Q) is the Imam of Intentions in the Divine Presence and will serve the one fully as if he did all worship when making this Intention.
- 1 hour before Maghrib – Have Ghusl on the intention of Grandshaykh and Mawlana to welcome Laylatul Qadr and be dressed in the Divinely lights of Laylatul Qadr
- Say GrandShaykh’s intention before all worship – Make intention as follows: Nawaitu al-arba’in, Nawaitu al-‘uzla, Nawaitu al-khalwa, Nawaitu l-‘itikaf, Nawaitu s-sulook, Nawaitu ar-riyadah lillahi ta’ala fee hazhal masjid.
- 2 Rakats Sunnat’ul Ghusl
- Adab of Tariqah
- Grandshaykh’s Dua al Mathur
- Salat’ul Maghrib with all Awrad
- Salat’ul Isha with all Awrad
- After the 4 Sunnah of Isha – Renew your intention to fast the day of 27th Ramadan and Pray 20 Rakahs of Taraweeh
- “I am intending to fast in Ramadan tomorrow, The day of Thursday 27th Ramadan for the sake of Allah Almighty, and upon the intention of GrandShaykh and Mawlana Shaykh Nazim, and I am intending its reward to be given to Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم as a gift and Mawlid to him, to be kept in His ‘bank’, till the Day of Yaum’ul Qiyamah.”
- 20 Rakats Salat’ul Taraweeh
- 4 Rakats Salat’ul Tasbih
- 2 Rakats Salatu’l Shukr
- 3 Rakats Salat’ul Witr with Dua Qunoot ( Mawlana prefers to pray the Shafi’i Way by 2 Rakats Shaf and 1 Rakat Witr)
- Short Khatam’ul Khwajagan
- Pray 100 raka’ats Salat’ul Sunnah Lailatul Qadr in sets of two. Read Surah al-Ikhlas twice in the 1st raka’at, and once in the 2nd raka’at, after Surah Fatihah.
- For those residing in Western countries (UK, US, Europe) where the night is short, Shaykh Adnan advises to pray 10 Rakats will be enough rather than 100 rakats. In each rakah, read 10 Surah Ikhlaas after al-Fathiah
- Stay awake all night, reading Qur’an and reciting the awrad
- Pray Salatul Najat and Fajr with all Awrad
- Conclude with Ishraq Prayer after sunrise
- On the following day, it is encouraged to make two sacrifices (Qurban) for the Face of Allah, the Highest, the Almighty, to thank Allah and to amend the shortcomings of our fast. One should offer the sacrifice for the Community of Prophet Muhammad (saw) and for the people of Tariqa, distributing the meat to the poor and needy.
- Do all the following in congregation if possible. This is the tradition that Maulana Sultan Awliya followed throughout his life.
Benefits of praying 100 Rakahs on Laylatul Qadr
Firstly, the 100 raka’ats sunnat that we are doing on this night, will bring upon us the blessings of a thousand months of worship, or more. The degree of one’s reward depends on the degree to which the worship is done with Sincerity and Love for Allah, Love for RasoolAllah Sallahu alayhi wa sallam and Love for Awliyaullah. Depending on the grade and depth of our Love, some will receive the reward of a hundred thousand months, others, a million months, and yet others, an infinite number of months! So approach tonight’s worship with reverence and cherish every moment of the blessed night.
Remember, be present with Allah during your prayers! Most people who pray, are not with Allah, instead their minds and hearts are with their thoughts, their daydreaming, their distractions and their dunya, although their physical bodies appear to be standing in fervent worship.
So be with Allah with Love, and you will be rewarded accordingly.
Secondly, a Hadeeth narrated by Sayyidina Abu Bakr Siddique Radi Allah Anhu in which RasoolAllah Sallahu alayhi wa sallam said, “One who recites salawat upon me, will receive my shafa’ah and he will be protected from ahzab in this world and in the Hereafter.”
When a group of people gather and recite selawat, Angels with golden pens gather around these worshippers in multitudes, from their feet right up to the Throne of Allah Almighty. The Angels then record these salutations upon the Prophet with their golden pens and they themselves add to the reward of the worshippers by also reciting salawat upon RasoolAllah Sallahu alayhi wa sallam. The Angels then say to these worshippers, “Do more salawats, you are receiving immense blessings!”
When the congregation is reciting these Salawats with Love for RasoolAllah Sallahu alayhi wa sallam, the Light of the Face of Allah descends upon them and He will Glance at each worshipper, looking at them, and one whom Allah Almighty looks at, will be saved for eternity. It is for this reason that selawat upon RasoolAllah Sallahu alayhi wa sallam is recited between every 2 raka’ats of Tarawih, so that these recording Angels will be present and the Light of the Face of Allah will be upon the congregation.
In another Hadeeth, the Prophet said, “Reciting salawat upon me is superior to liberating slaves and the drawing of swords for Jihad in the path of Allah ( these were two of the most foremost deeds that were done during the time of RasoolAllah Sallahu alayhi wa sallam.”
It is encouraged for us to do abundant salawat for RasoolAllah Sallahu alayhi wa sallam tonight with overflowing Love, especially for the ladies who are having their period/menses, and who are unable to do the 100 raka’at solat.
Only those who are chosen and invited will be present in worship on this night, entreating their Lord and humbling themselves before their Lord.
And those who are enemies to themselves, will treat this night very lightly, as if this were an ordinary night and they will busy themselves with frivolous activities such as much eating, watching tv and doing some worship, listlessly.
May Allah dress us with hidayah so that we will be among the chosen ones to be with Allah Almighty and with his Beloved Habibullah and with the Awliyaullah on this blessed night.