Spiritual Practices on Blessed night of 15th Sha’ban Nisf’ul Sha’ban/Laylatul Bara’ah
By Mawlana Shaykh Adnan Kabbani ق
From the teachings of Grandshaykh Abdullah Al-Faiz Daghestani ق and Mawlana Shaykh Nazim Al-Haqqani Ar-Rabbani ق
This is a special night in which our physical and spiritual provisions in the year to come will be set. In order to observe the Night of Bara’ah, one should remain awake on this night as much as possible. If someone has the opportunity, he or she should spend the whole night in worship and prayer.
- Before Maghrib by 1 hour to perform Ghusl on the intention of Grandshaykh and Mawlana to welcome this holy night and pray 2 Ra’kats Tahhiyatul Ghusl.
- Read Adab of Tariqah to enter this night with all the heavenly Tajallis
- Pray Maghrib with all the Awrad, i.e.Awwabeen, Surah Sajdah.
- After Maghrib , recite 3 Surah Yaseen’s with the following intentions,
- With the Intention for Rizq/sustenance, ask Allah to make it easy for you, and that you are dependent on Him, and not on creation, for your rizq.
- With the intention for protection from troubles, misfortune, problems and disasters.
- With the intention for a long life in faith, and filled with good deeds done sincerely for Allah.
- Then, recite Nifsul Sha’ban dua (Click on Link in Blue) after each recitation of Surah Yaseen
- Grandshaykh’s Ad Dua Ul ‘Azam’ul Mathur once
- Khatm’ul Khawajghan
- Pray Salat’ul Ishaa with all the Awrad. i.e Surah Mulk
- 4 Rakats of Salat ‘ul Tasabeeh
- 2 Rakats of Salatu Shukr with Qunut invocation
Grandshaykh and Mawlana always prayed these 100 rakats on 15th Sha’ban and 27th Ramadan for the honour of this night. If one is unable to pray the full 100 Rakats may do as many as they can and intend on the intention of Grandshaykh Abdullah al-Faiz Dagestani and Mawlana Shaykh Nazim al Haqqani, Shaykh Adnan Kabbani and Shaykh Mehmet Adil Ar-Rabbani in honour of celebrating the Mawlid of Prophet (s). Insha’Allah by this intention, whatever the shaykhs have intented and done will be written for you and Angels will complete on your behalf. The Key is the sincere intention from the heart.
PRAY SALAT’UL KHAIR – which consists of 100 Rak’ats
In each rak’at (cycle); Recite Suratal Fatiha and 10X Suratal Ikhlas
You may prayer 50 sets of 2 raka’at prayers, or 25 sets of 4 raka’at prayers, though the first option is better.
Mawlana Shaykh Adnan Kabbani, used to prepare a matchbox with 50 matches, and after each 2 raka’at prayer, he would remove one matchstick. When the box is empty, you would have completed the 100 raka’at prayer.
You may modify the prayer as follows:
- In the first raka’at, you read 1 Surah Al-Fatihah and 2 Surah Al-Ikhlas
- In the second raka’at, you read 1 Surah Al-Fatihah and 1 Surah Al-Ikhlas.
In this way, you complete the 100 raka’ats, and 150 Surah Al Ikhlas.
You then complete the balance 850 Surah Al Ikhlas, outside the prayer, later on, throughout the night.
The aim to to complete 100 raka’ats, and 1000 Surah Al Ikhlas during the course of the night.
Try to do your best to do this salah. Whoever does it, will be protected from misfortune, wars, sufferings, heaviness and burdens in that year. They will not suffer from poverty, and the doors of Akhirat will open for them in this duniya. They will have a good death (husnul khotimah), they will see Prophet (saw) before they leave this world, and they will leave this world with lighted faces and be written as one who leaves this world in faith (iman), and they will not leave this life before seeing their maqam (station) in Akhirah.
- Have Suhoor and intend to fast 15th day of Sha’ban on the intention of Grandshaykh and Mawlana celebrating Mawlid of RasoolAllah (s)
- Rest until 1 hour before Fajr to Pray Salaat’ul Najaat and make Sajdah after Taslim. In this Sajdah, Allah Almighty will accept any dua made during this sajdah and your soul will be presented to Prophet (s) and all Awliyaa who will dress you in their heavenly blessings.
- Pray Fajr with all the Awrad i.e. Dhikr, Surah Yaseen, Asma al-Husna
- Pray Ishraq and rest til Duha and pray 8 ra’kahs Duha
- For the remainder of the day to complete the following
- 1000 La ilaha illah
- 1000 Surah Ikhlas
- 1000 Salawat
- 1000 Astaghfirullah al Azeem wa atubu ilayh
- 1000 HasbunAllah wa’nimal Wakeel
Bihurmati man anzalta alayhi, surat al Fatiha.
Please share on Social Media Platforms and gain rewards from ALLAH ALMIGHTY